Brandon and I have never been that great with money. Neither of us. That's a BAD combination! Neither of us are savers. We're both spenders. But, with a baby on the way (even if it will be 2-3 years), it's time to change all of that! There are so many things that need to be done around the house, and I'm tired of wasting all of our money on eating out and random expenses. I'm tired of asking," Where did the money go?" So, here are few goals I've got for us to work toward. These are in no particular order.
1. Paying off debt, including a set of mattresses and the $3,000 we're about to rack up during our home visit.
2. Cutting out the eating out. We eat out 2+ times a week, and it's eating us alive! No pun intended.
3. Take Dave Ramsey's FPU classes online when we get the money. (Am I the only one that finds it ironic that it costs over $100 to take classes online that are supposed to help you STOP spending money?)
4. Get back into couponing! I keep getting off track because of the time it takes to do it.
5. Brandon's looking for a part time job.
6. Babysitting on evenings and weekends. Need a babysitter?
7. Create a complete budget and STICK TO IT!
8. No more buying crafting supplies unless it's budgeted :( That's a hard one.
9. Cook more. I've been making a long list of quick and easy meals that I can cook during the week. I'm also looking for recipes that I can make 2-3x of and freeze for later, or use leftovers for lunches. That's hard for me. By the time I get home, I rarely feel like cooking. So, I'm hoping that a long list of ideas that I can rotate will be helpful.
10. Emergency fund. We had one. We spent it. (Stupid, stupid, stupid.) That happened last winter when our electric bill shot up to over $300 for 3 months straight, and then I had a wreck and had to buy a new car. Bye-bye savings. It's time to meet again.
Tips? Advice? Donations? (Kidding! About the donations, anyway!)