Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Money Money Money Money....MONEY!



Now that song is stuck in my head! Whew! It has been a whirlwind of a few weeks, let me tell ya! We turned in our preliminary paperword last Thursday, and on Friday we got notice that it was APPROVED! Step 1 of a million down! Woohoo! Yesterday, I received the formal application and paperwork and completed it today. The social worker told me Friday that if I could get the formal app and the $550 fee in by this Friday (yes, THIS Friday) that we would be able to go to orientation on Feb 5th! If we don't get it in by Friday, we will have to wait until June to go! So, I am racking my brain trying to come up with $550 by FRIDAY! That's 3 days away!

That's where you come in! :-) We are, of course, taking donations, and I am also selling homemade greeting cards. I'll take some pictures of some tonight and post them. I can also customize them for special occasions!! We have some other fundraisers planned as well, so stay tuned!

On a sadder note, I killed my car this weekend. Well, actually, the nice gentleman who decided not to stop and instead rear-end me on the interstate at 50MPH and then leave the scene killed it. That's right. He left. Just drove off. Not even so much as a glance to see if I was ok. Luckily, no one suffered any serious injuries, including the people in front of me that I was pushed into. So, praise God for that! Just a warning...if you see a hispanic gentleman in a red F150 and a dented front bumper, let me know....and don't drive near him.

No comments: