Monday, January 9, 2012

Worst Blogger Award!



I think I deserve the Worst Blogger Award! :(

Maybe that should be one of my goals for this year- to get back into the blogging world. Anywho, here's what's been going on recently.

Christmas was alright. "Santa" was very good to us this year, and we are appreciative. I feel like a grinch for saying it, but I was glad to see it go. Christmas just isn't as fun as it used to be. I'm hoping that fun will return when we have little ones to live vicariously through.

Brandon and I had a week off of work (well, I had 11 days) together, and it was fabulous. We ripped all of the carpet out of our livingroom/entryway/hallway. We had the intention of laying laminate flooring- ourselves. We very QUICKLY learned that laying laminate is nowhere near as easy as everyone makes it sound! Long story short, we ended up having to call a contractor to install them. But, in the end, I am glad we did. He did a beautiful job! We are hoping and praying this will end Katy's little peeing problem.






Yes, I realize the cat likes to sit on the coffee table. Sheesh.



Let's see....OH! My mom finally decided to get a dog! We've been after her for a couple of years to get a pet. They haven't had any pets since our 16-year-old dog, Brandy, had to be put down 7 years ago. Since mom and Dad are both retired now, they needed a companion. So while on Christmas vacation, my sis and I went with mom to the humane society to adopt a dog. Meet Maggie! She is a 3 year old Beagle mix who was found pregnant on the side of the road. Someone had apparently found out she was pregnant and just dumped her. She is an extremely loving dog and LOVES to play. She gets really excited, but she is so sweet! We adore her :-)

On a sad note, my Aunt Jeannie lost her battle with colon cancer just before Christmas. It was such a difficult time, and surely didn't help with my holiday sadness, but I know she is much happier and healthier now. We sure miss her though.

Adoption wise, no news to share. Still no word whatsoever from the agency, and I get really frustrated about it sometimes. It seems as though they could care less about us, only about our money. I hope that isn't the case, but it definitely doesn't make me want to consider this agency for future adoptions. We are praying diligently that 2012 is our year!

No comments: