Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Holiday Weekends

I love holiday weekends. That one extra day makes such an enormous difference. I'm able to get so much more done and still feel somewhat human when I return to work (even though I'd rather not have to return to work...we can always use "one more day"). This weekend was...somewhat productive. I didn't finish all I wanted to, but I did get some cleaning done, cooked a lot, completed an awesome pinterest project, reorganized our bedroom closet (well, cleaned it up), and worked on a special project. That one's a secret though ;)






Here's the Pinterest project I made:







It's 2 16x20 canvases (on sale at Hobby Lobby for $7.99 for the 2 pack), photos that I had printed in black and white, cut down to 4x4's, and mod podge. I swear mod podge is the best invention. Ever. I just might be making some of these for Christmas gifts this year. I think my goal for this Christmas is to make most of the Christmas gifts. Frugal Christmas! I know, it's early...but that's a lot of gifts to make!


One of my goals this year is for spiritual growth. I admit, I have never been good at reading the Bible every day....I'm not even good at praying regularly. I know, that is terrible. But, I want to work on that. I bought a women's devotional this weekend, and I already love it. It only takes about 5 minutes, so I don't feel overwhelmed trying to find an hour a day for it. But it gives me a little boost. I'm also keeping a journal about my spiritual journey.


Have a Happy Tuesday!



No comments: