Friday, May 15, 2009

Dr. says

Well I went to the Dr. yesterday. I got so frustrated because I'm going on 3 weeks of Weight Watchers, and haven't lost a thing! So, Doc says I have some sort of "metabolic dysfunction." He thinks it's insulin resistance. Not necessarily Diabetes, though. I've been hypoglycemic for years, and he said that could be the the cause of that, and the cause of my inability to get pregnant. So, he did some blood work, and when it comes back he's going to give me some medicine to help balance out my metabolism. That will hopefully help jumpstart the weight loss. It's good to know it's not something I'm doing wrong, though. So, here's the plan he has put me on:

I have to exercise for at least 20 minutes and count my points tediously 6 days a week. I have to be very anal about everything that goes in my mouth. Every drink, every piece of hard candy or gum. Yep, gum counts. That stinks. BUT:

I get one cheat day a week. He said he always tells people to give yourself 1 day a week where you can have whatever you want, and it cannot undo the hard work you've done all week, like we all think it can. Apparently, it's the consistent calories we eat that make us gain weight. But, having an overload of calories once a week will come right back out, and not absorb. Obviously that day needs to be at least 4 days before my weigh in day, or I'll see five extra pounds on the scale, but 4.5 of those are in the colon. I can handle that.

No comments: