Monday, June 8, 2009

Back to square one

Well, yet again, I have fallen off track...completely. With all the house business, I have been incredibly busy and tired...too much so to stop and think about points, much less cook a reasonable dinner. So my belly has seen a lot (and I mean A LOT) of fast food over the few weeks, but my legs haven't seen the gym at all. And I can definitely feel it. I feel awful! I didn't realize how being active for just 2-3 weeks can change you, but I can tell a difference. I have been exhausted! I blame it on the craziness of home buying, but I know it is also because I used that as an excuse not to exercise. So, we're starting again. I'm pretty down on myself because this is how it ALWAYS seems to go. Every time. Every. Single. Time. It doesn't seem to matter how motivated or determined I am. All it takes is one moment...a short moment...of being careless, or saying I'm too tired today...and I'm done. I've blown it. Why is that? Anyone else struggle with that?

2 comments:

Kelly Jo said...

First, I'm totally with you. I did great on my new workout plan for about a month. And then I kept "happening" to find things I "needed" to do instead. . . . oh well. But failure (or fear as Airanna Huffington said) isn't the absence of failure, its the Mastery of failure. Its about getting Up One More time than we fall down.

Kate said...

Awww Kelly,I'm sorry that you're frustrated. I'm sure life is busy and I KNOW how things can get back on the back burner when life is busy. Don't stress over the last 2 weeks just get up again and get back on track.

And I love your new signature!