Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dear Baby

Dear Baby,

I got some very sad news today. The Dr. told me that the only way for me to get pregnant is to have some procedures done that Daddy and I cannot afford. This breaks my heart, because it means our journey to you is prolonged. I know that God is faithful, though. No matter what the doctors say, HE has the final say-so! He already has you picked out especially for us! But I long to see you...to hold you...to hear you giggle (and even cry!). Just in case you don't look like us, know that it's ok. It doesn't matter that your skin may or may not be the same color as ours, or that you may have brown eyes instead of blue, or that you may be really tall instead of short like your Daddy and me. We will still be a family. And we will still love you just as much. We still long to meet you, even if you don't spend the first nine months of your life in my tummy. Hold on a little longer, little one. We're waiting for you.

Until next time, we love you.
Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My heart is aching for you. I know how it feels to long for that precious life. But from the sound of this post, it sounds like you guys are open to adoption. I am so happy about that! Adoption is a beautiful thing.

Mark Shultz told a story about his wife wanting to adopt special needs kids with terminal illnesses. She said that she wants to love them, give them the best birthday and christmases ever. Then, when they get to Heaven, they will know what it feels like to have been loved on earth. It's that amazing!

Just thought I'd share that with you. I love you! Let me know if you need to talk!