Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Catching Up

Ok, so I have been super busy and have neglected my Season Of Thankfulness posts. Forgive me. I am still thankful!! So, here is the update:

Day 19
I am thankful for the generous gift of new mattresses the in-laws gave us, even though the pillow top all shifted to one side of the bed and is lumpy and doesn't sleep well (reason for getting rid of them in the first place). The thought was nice.

Day 20
I am thankful that my bestestest friend Jennifer and her baby girl Abby were able to come hang with me today! We had a blast making and decorating gingerbread cookies, and watching Abby play tag with the kitties.

Day 21
I am thankful for the opportunity to teach Sunday School! Although I don't think I'll be doing it much longer due to some other, more pressing, responsibilities, I love it. 3 year olds teach me so much! (Have I already used this one? If so, I am double-thankful!)

Day 22
I am thankful that this is a short work week!!

Day 23
I am thankful that we bought a new mattress (a very expensive one at that) last night to replace our lumpy one....



I am SO looking forward to this weekend. It is going to be a much needed retreat for me. It just stinks that Brandon has to work. We aren't traveling, but Nana (Brandon's Grandmother) is coming down Thursday and cooking at his mom's house, and my mom is cooking Friday. Can we say TWO Thanksgiving meals??? Not to mention, we will probably leave both dinners with leftovers! And All I have to cook is one sweet potato casserole for each dinner (that is always the dish I am requested to bring...that's the one thing I make that everyone loves). Brandon is off Friday, so we will probably do some shopping. Saturday and Sunday are MINE! I am doing NOTHING. Well, not nothing. I have plenty to occupy me. I MUST finish making my homemade Christmas cards and get them ready to go out. I also must send out my invitations for Christmas dinner. I know, ridiculous, right? I am getting a little carried away with planning Christmas dinner :-)

No comments: