Friday, November 6, 2009

My Husband Rocks Fridays

Brandon NEVER gets sick. But, being the generous, giving person I am, I have given him my cold. Here is one big difference between my husband and I:

When I get sick, I cease to function. Luckily, I get sick time at work. I hate calling in, but when I am sick, I am NOT the "push through it" type. I am the laid-up-in-bed-doped-up-on-meds kind of person. Brandon, on the other hand, goes to work no matter what. He has called in twice since I have KNOWN him! Once was because he had strep. Don't remember what the other time was for, but I am sure he was really sick. That man never calls in. He was up at 3:30am today with a sore throat. If it were me, I'd have been calling in as soon as my boss came in (I definitely don't function with no sleep...what will I do when I have a baby?). But nope, not Brandon. He went on in. It seems silly, but I really admire that about him. It says a lot about his character...determined and committed.

No comments: