Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dear Baby

Dear Baby,

I've been thinking about you a lot today. I guess it's because the holidays are right around the corner. This is a bittersweet time of year for me this year. I can't help but ache and wish that you were here to share this time with us. You will one day learn that Mommy LOVES Christmas. It's her favorite time of year. I hope you will enjoy Christmases at our house. As I was putting up the stockings this year, I couldn't help but think of how I was only putting up 2, and not 3. I wonder what you would think of the tree, with all it's twinkling lights. Would you be mezmerized by all the colors? I wonder if you will like all the Christmas movies as much as I do. Every time I go into a store I see some cool toy and I think to myself, "I wish I had a child to buy that for." I can only imagine your face on Christmas morning when you wake up and discover all the toys under the tree. I wonder what your favorite part of Christmas dinner will be. Oh, how I wish I had you to rock to sleep this Christmas season. I cannot wait until the day I can have our family Christmas picture taken, and it is actually complete. It seems as though something in our house is missing. I still do not understand how I can miss someone so much that I have never even met. Mommy and Daddy are waiting not-so-patiently for you, and I hope that next Christmas you will be here with us. I love you.

Mommy

No comments: