Thursday, May 20, 2010

1 Down, 3 To Go....

So we had our 1st interview with the adoption agency yesterday. I can't thank everyone enough for your thoughts and prayers! It was very nervewracking, but went well. This wasn't one of our "official" interviews, but they requested this one to clear up some things in Brandon's psychiatric evaluation. They basically asked him a million questions about his childhood, his family, etc. (I like the way one of the social workers put it...he has a "colorful" past). Basically, they just wanted to see how those things might affect his ability to father. Luckily, they could see that he has done the complete opposite and that his childhood has given him a million more reasons for wanting to be a parent. Now, we are waiting to hear from them (hopefully today or tomorrow) to schedule our other interviews. Many have asked about the process, and what we have left to do. Some people thought by "interview" I meant with a birthmom. Unfortunately, it will be a long time before that happens.

We will have at least 3 more interviews, and then the home visit. After that, it will take 3-4 weeks for them to write up the home study. Once that is complete, we will be in the waiting "pool" of families, waiting to be chosen. According to the adoption plan we have chosen (such as race, sex, etc), we could be waiting 2-3 years for a referral. I know, yikes. But, we are as prepared for the wait as we can be. I'm trying not to focus on the wait. I'm trying to get through week-by-week and month-by-month. It will be a long, painful wait, but I know it will be completely worth it in the end.

Now, for some random thoughts for the day:

  • I only have 4 weeks until vacation! In approximately 697.25 hours, we will be on our way to Daytona Beach!! I cannot wait!
  • I am so glad that my long awaited energy burst came back at 6:15pm last night. I spent the evening moving appliances and cleaning behind them. What fun!
  • I am SOOOO proud of my husband! He has been wonderful about keeping the house clean. He has even had dinner ready when I got home every night this week!
  • I'm debating between Subway and a Chicken Caesar salad from McD's for lunch...what do you suggest?

What have you been up to? :)

P.S. Thanks to Jennifer for the title! :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

May I suggest... "1 down, 3 to go"... for a title?

Thank you for the update! We love to hear the good the bad and the ugly as most people would say. =) But The good is always the best to hear!

Kudos to Brandon for dinner when you get home AND for keeping the house clean! Kelly, you are teaching him right! lol. =)

And as far as lunch I suggest the new chicken salad sandwich they adversted on tv... No, I haven't eated yet, but I figured you could be the Ginnie pig. =P hehe. Well.. Okay... you don't have to have that... just get whatever you heart desires!

Hope you are having an awesome day! Love ya girl!