Monday, May 10, 2010

Recap catch-up

I've been a slacker lately. My apologies. So, here's a little recap for you.



As far as the adoption, we've heard nothing. I am giving my best attempt at being patient. Also, due to the flooding in Nashville last weekend, the adoption agency was closed last week, which will only delay things further. Please pray that things will pick up.



Speaking of the flood, I'm assuming you've heard about the Nashville Flood? Well, unless you live out of state. Then you probably didn't hear about it because it only got 15 minutes of National news coverage. Which is funny considering this is being considered the most costly non-hurricane disaster in history. In TN, it is the biggest disaster since the Civil War. We have never had a flood like this in recorded TN history. THOUSANDS of homes were under several feet of water. People have lost literally everything. I haven't blogged about it until now because I didn't know what to say. Saturday, I had the opportunity to spend the day in the Pennington Bend neighborhood with our church helping clean out houses. I'm not sure what I was expecting to see, but it was NOT that. House after house after house being demolished. The entire streets were immersed in piles of drywall, flooring, insulation, furniture, and personal belongings. Piles that were taller than the houses themselves. Seeing it on the news is one thing. It's a completely different thing to actually see people's family photos laying in the trash pile; seeing childrens' paintings ruined; not to mention talking to the homeowners and helping them sort through their lives. There isn't a word to describe it. Please be praying for those who have been affected by the flood.

I've also been toying with the idea of going back to school...full time. Talk about an intimidating idea! I am terrified at the thought. I have talked myself out of it so many times before. Mainly because I can't afford to quit my job at all. With a new car payment, a mortgage, and a "baby on the way" quitting my job is out of the question. So, I would be working all day, doing school every evening and weekends, preparing for the baby and dealing with the adoption, AND juggling my marriage and home life. That's a little scary. So, we shall see. All I know is that I do NOT want to do this job forever. I want more out of life. And I know I'll never stop regretting it until I do it. So, say a prayer for clear guidance and an open window. Thanks. :)

Did you have a good Mother's Day? I hope so. Mine was....so so. It was great to spend time with the parentals. Saturday night we got to go out to eat with my parents, sister, bro-in-law and his family. Sunday we visited my mother-in-law. However, I couldn't help but throw a little pity party for myself. Pathetic, I know. But no one thinks about the Mommy wannabe's. It was a hard day. Here's hoping that was the last sad Mother's Day for me!

What have you been up to?

No comments: