Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"Lord, Thank You for My Dirty Clothes..."

I know it's cliche, and people always say this after a disaster, but the TN flood has changed my thinking on some things. Things that I normally complain about and put off have now become blessings. I hope it stays that way. A few of those things include:

  • Thank you, Lord, for clothes that need washing, because that means I have clothes.
  • Thank you for the dirty floors because that means I have more than a concrete slab.
  • Thank you, Jesus, for my well insulated house.
  • Thank you, God, that my car needs washing, because that means I still have a car.
  • Thank you that we have not one, but 2 cars!
  • Thank you for the house that needs de-cluttering, because that means I still have all my belongings.
  • Thank you for the dishes that need washing and the dishwasher that will do said washing for me.
  • Thank you for my full pantry.
  • Thank you for the stove I need to clean and the fridge that needs wiping out, because that means I didn't have to throw mine away.
  • Thank you for the furniture that needs dusting.

I am sure this list will continue to grow. What's on your list?

No comments: