Thursday, October 30, 2008

Words of Wisdom 10/30

"Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad - because these trials will make you partners with Christ in His suffering, and afterward you will have the wonderful joy of sharing His glory when it is displayed to all the world." 1 Peter 4:12-13

In case you were wondering, these are the sayings on my daily calendar. Interesting how they seem to fit with what I am going through at any given time. :-)

God gave me this scripture to read the day before I was laid off from my previous job, and now He has given it to me again, while Brandon and I struggle to find the light at the end of the tunnel.

Speaking of which, things are better for us. This particular issue is going to take some time to "get over" and heal, but I am thankful that God has shown mercy on us and helped us both to be understanding and forgiving. All marriages have rough spots, and if you are married and deny that you do, then you're a liar. I have finally gotten over trying to make everyone think I have a perfect marriage. I have come to realize that most married couples are just like us...even if they don't admit it. So, when your marriage sees trials, hang in there, and don't be afraid to talk to someone. :-)

No comments: