Sunday, September 14, 2008

Kelly's Crock Pot Chili

This is my chili recipe. I thought I would share it. It's one of the few things that Brandon really loves (he used to hate chili, but for some reason he likes mine... I don't really know why). You may want to cut it in half. I make a big pot so we can eat on it for a few days.

2 lbs ground beef
2 or 3 (15.5 oz.) cans chili beans (depends on how much you like beans)
1 can tomato sauce
2 packets McCormick's chili seasoning
Garlic powder
Red pepper flakes (optional)

Brown beef in skillet until done. Drain fat. Mix all ingredients together in crock pot, except garlic and red pepper flakes. Add water or beef broth (broth will help with flavor) until desired consistency. I like mine a little thinner. Season to taste with garlic powder and red pepper flakes for an extra kick. You can even throw in a can of diced tomatoes and add less broth/water. Serve with Fritos and desired toppings and enjoy!

I was going to add a picture, but, apparently, since I like my chili thinner, it doesn't look very pretty in pictures. All the "stuff" sinks. So I decided not to :-)

No comments: