Sunday, September 21, 2008

What an adventure

Yesterday Brandon and I decided we wanted to go to the park and enjoy the new Fall air. We packed ourselved a nice picnic lunch, put some books and blankets in the car, and headed off to Cedars of Lebanon State Park. This is a very nice (and quite large) park. We wanted to work up an appetite so we decided to go on one of the many nice walking trails they have to offer.

5mileloop

Photobucket

This was a really pretty trail, with lots of trees...and I mean lots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

See all the pretty trees? We hiked for a good while on this trail, and really enjoyed it. It was a really nice day out, too...not too hot, not too cold.

THEN... all the sudden, we realized we were no longer on the trail....

Photobucket

When I looked around, saw no trail, and saw only trees around us, I realized that.... WE WERE LOST!!!!

After about two hours of trees, this became a litte monotonous, and I became tired and upset. I was upset with the park for their lack of markings and signs along the trail (the only thing you had to go by was a white spray painted spot on random trees, and every trail was marked the same way, so you didn't know if you were following the right trail or beginning a different one).

This is me after about thirty minutes...

Photobucket

And this is me after two and a half hours...

Photobucket

Needless to say, the 5 mile hike was not a good choice, and by the time I got I had to pee quite badly (Brandon couldn't convince me to go in the woods for fear of poison ivy in the worst possible area...if you've watched Grey's Anatomy, you know what I mean!)

However, we did get to enjoy dinner with some friends, Kim and Doug, that we haven't seen in quite a while, so that was a nice end to the not so nice afternoon!

A few more pictures from the day

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is how I felt once I reached the car....

Photobucket

No comments: