Friday, September 26, 2008

Reminiscing (did I spell that right?)




Well, as I've mentioned before, this is mine and Brandon's anniversary weekend! I am absolutely excited...and at the same time I am already exhausted! We have a full weekend planned, but it should be a fun one. I make a huge deal out of our anniversary, in case you can't tell.

See, in today's society, marriage is considered casual...you get married when you want, and if you get tired of the person or things don't work the way you want, you just get divorced...no biggie. It is also condidered no biggie to live life outside of marriage, if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, I have friends who have done all of these, and I absolutly LOVE all of them! I would never judge any one of them...I think they are awesome people! But I do have my beliefs, and I believe that what God's word says is true. I am not without fault myself. But when it comes to marriage, it is NOT casual. (Ok, I'll get off my high horse now)

Brandon and I have had a VERY hard two years of marriage. I know...marriage IS hard. Any marriage is hard, and if you plan on getting married thinking that it makes life better....think again. Again, don't get me wrong...I love my husband more than any person on this earth, and I thank God every day for him, but God did not create marriage to make our lives easy. Sometimes I wonder if he created it for his own entertainment so he could get a good laugh. No, really though. Brandon and I, it seems, have had an exceptionally hard marriage. It's an extremely long story and there is a LOT of detail, but between familiy woes, my criticism, Brandon having to just now deal with a very extensive past, counseling, living with my parents, being poor, and many other obstacles, our marriage has not been easy, and there have been times when it was nowhere near fun. I wish I could say I have loved every minute of it, and mean it. I can't. I wish I could say I have been the happiest woman in the world these last two years. I haven't. This is real, people. This is life. This is honest. There have been times when I have wondered if I made a mistake marrying him. There have been times when I wanted to walk out...and almost did (Satan, you would have loved that, wouldn't you?) BUT, I have grown and learned more in the last two years than I have in my entire life. I have learned so much about how to love, although I have yet to perfect it, and I have learned about myself and what I truly want to do with my life. I have learned what is really important in life. I have gained discipline and maturity. More than anything, I love my husband twice as much today as I did two years ago. I love my husband with a love that can overcome anything, I believe. Our marriage is challenging, but he is an amazing man who loves me very much. Baby, I love you!

1 Cor. 13:8 "Love never Fails"

No comments: