Saturday, March 27, 2010

Baby Book


I recently ordered this adorable baby book. I know, it's a little early for the baby book, but this one was too cute to pass up. It's a baby book made specifically for the adoption process! Do you know how hard it is to find those? All the baby books you find in the store talk about what the pregnancy was like, labor, etc. This one has places for our first meeting, "the call", and where the baby came from. I am so excited to share our child's story with them! I want them to always embrace their story. That's why I am currently working on 2 other journals besides this blog. I've got a hand-written diary that I am writing as a letter to my child...it is very honest, and something that they will receive when they are old enough to handle the sad things as well as the good. I'm also creating a Life Book for our baby. A life book is basically a story book of their journey. I'm doing ours scrapbook style. Of course, there isn't much I can do with it since we don't have a referral yet, but I'm going to include pages and photos on all the things we're doing while we wait. I sure hope our child appreciates and treasures these, and my prayer is that these will help them know that they were loved and wanted.

No comments: