Wednesday, March 31, 2010

When Sock Monkeys Make You Smile


It's funny how things happen sometimes. I was so incredibly down yesterday. I was having second thoughts and even doubting certain things, like whether or not my husband truly wants to adopt. Sometimes I forget that he's a man, and he isn't going to show his excitement the same way I do. I am so anxious to register, and I can't stay away from the baby dept of any store. But it seems like he could care less.


But then every once in a while he melts my heart. I was working today when I get a random picture message. It was a picture of a ginormous (yes, I made that word up) green sock monkey. Totally cute. Brandon said he wanted to buy it for the baby. Maybe it's just my emotions, but I almost teared up. I realized that while he may not be into baby clothes or nursery decor, that doesn't mean he isn't excited. And just because he doesn't talk about the baby 24/7 like I do doesn't mean he doesn't think about the baby.


It was a simple thing, but it made me smile. :)


No comments: