Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Changing habits

Okay, so I have my motivation. I pray it lasts, or at least that I can have the willpower to do this even when I lose my motivation.

Did you know that it takes 3 weeks to break a bad habit?? With that in mind, here are some bad habits I want to break, one at a time for 3 weeks.

1) Give up sweets! I am going to resist dessert and sweets for 3 weeks. Then hopefully I won't feel the need for them as much and will be able to eat just one cookie.

2) Stop being a couch potato...aka: exercise (along with the other millions of folks this time of year). Once I've accomplished my sweets addiction, I will begin walking 3x a week for 30 minutes, or doing some other physical activity. Hopefully after 3 weeks, I'll be enjoying my exercise...

3) H2O! Weeks 7-9 I will drink at least 2 bottles of water a day.

These are the top 3. Why not do all three at the same time, you ask? Slow and steady does it. If I get carried away and focus on all of my goals at once, I'll quit. But if I can be a couch potato for 3 more weeks and focus on the small (but HUGE) task of sweets, I won't feel so overwhelmed. SO, one at a time.

I CAN do this. I always have it in my head that I can't (or just won't). But I want this, and I need it. So, join me, if you wish. Click here for information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know; that's a really great Idea!!! maybe I can do that too...