Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas is over...ready for Spring!

Christmas was good. Everyone got along for the most part, with the exception of a few bad attitudes, which was anticipated. We had 3 Christmases...it was exhausting! You guys who have 4 or 5 or more...I don't know how you do it! I'm pooped!

Anyway, I got a Chi flat iron for my hair, which I have been wanting forEVER! They are expensive, so I never would have bought one for myself, but I can straighten my curly, curly hair in 5 minutes flat, as opposed to the 30 minutes it takes with one from Walmart. This excites me.

I also got a pretty cool Mp3 player, a pink Sansa fuze.

Brandon bought me a few DVD's I had been wanting (Grease and Dirty Dancing), the new Taylor Swift cd, which I was especially excited about, and some stuff to go with my mp3player.

Brandon got 6 new Xbox360 games, and a GPS! We made out like bandits!

We did have a bit of bad luck this weekend, but all turned out well in the end. On Christmas night, Brandon decided to do some laundry, but didn't check his pockets...he washed his Sirius Satellite radio! Yep...round and round in the washing machine it went. By God's grace, it still works! I am convinced that it is indestructible!

We finally decided that Saturday would be our day at home, to rest and play with our new toys. Not the case. We had to return some stuff, which took the first half of the day because we had to go to 3 different places. Then, when we got home, Brandon got into his jammies, put one of his $300-$400 worth of games in the xbox, and it broke. Yep...the xbox died. Again, luckily, the Xbox people are going to fix it for free. He had to send it off for a few weeks though, so I am not sure what he will do for that period of time. I think the xbox is his lifeline.

Overall, we had a good Christmas. No major arguments or anything. We enjoyed our time with family, had some great food, and even started some new traditions. We got completely spoiled this year, but hopefully next year we will be spoiling a little Swindell. :-)

No comments: