Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Merry CHRISTmas!

I HATE forwarded emails, texts, etc, and there are very few that I actually forward. This is one that I got on my work email, and it expressed me feelings about Christmas pretty well...only much more nicely than I would have (I have VERY strong feelings about this topic!).


MERRY CHRISTMAS....
On the way home last night, we were listening to the radio when a
newscaster
called his little 91 year old granny to talk to her about the
'Holidays'. He
mentioned that he had noticed that Christmas has become so 'politically
correct' that no mention of Christmas is made by most retailers, we now
wish
people 'Happy Holidays.'
His granny said she missed the Old Fashioned Christmas when everyone
wished each other 'Merry Christmas'.
We thought about it and agree...so this year we will be making a
conscious
effort to wish everyone Merry Christmas...our way of saying that we are
celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. So we are asking our e-mail
friends, if
you agree with us, to please do the same.
And if you'll pass this on to your e-mail friends, and so on...maybe we
can
prevent one more treasured tradition from being lost in the sea of
'Political
Correctness.'
God Bless and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!


While the subject is open, here is my opinion in brief: if you are going to celebrate someone's birthday, INVITE THEM TO THE PARTY! (Don't try to say you celebrate something else this time of year, but not the birth of Jesus. That's just an excuse for a party. Christmas is what it is. Either recognize it or don't.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

No comments: