Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Three years ago today....

I was busy getting engaged. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was cold, and Brandon picked me up to go to Starbucks for coffee. Then he asked if I wanted to go for a drive, and I said sure. He wouldn't tell me where he was going, but just pretended he was driving aimlessly. Then we ended up at Centennial Park, which was one of my favorite spots. I loved going there on warm days and laying on a blanket reading a book and watching the ducks at the pond. We parked and got out of the car (he conveniently had to get "something" out of the trunk, but I was clueless...didn't even catch on). We strolled through the park, right over to the pond, which, of course, wasn't full of ducks at this time of year, and there were only a few people walking around, so we were pretty much alone. The fountain was on, and we stood there watching it for a moment. He was standing behind me holding me, and he said "I have a question." By the time I turned around, he was already on one knee with the ring displayed. It looked huge! Of course, I teared up, said yes, and we had our huggy moment. It was beautiful. Nothing fancy or over the top...just us, and a few onlookers. But it was perfect :-)

No comments: