Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I hate Goodbye's

Next Wednesday, I have to say goodbye to some people who are very near and dear to my heart. I am officially leaving the Two Rivers family.

We joined FBC Smyrna a few months ago, but have continued to serve in the preschool dept at Two Rivers on Wednesday nights for several reasons. One of them is that I could not bring myself to say goodbye. I have worked in the Preschool as a teacher at TRBC for 5 years. Most of that time was spent teaching 3 year olds, but this year we have been in the baby room. So, through the last 5 years, I have kept some amazing kids and their siblings a few years later. I've seen a lot of these kids grow up. I have become attached to the parents and families. Therefore, this is not going to be an easy time. I love these families, and I will miss them terribly. I also will miss my connection to TRBC. I have loved this church dearly for most of my life, and it tears me apart to see what is happening to it. I pray that I will be able to forgive. I am still struggling with that.

Anyway, tonight will be hard as well because I have to tell all my parents and coworkers. I know they'll have no problem finding another teacher, but I have poured my heart and soul into these little ones, and I pray that the parents know that.

Thank you for letting me serve you and your children!

No comments: