Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Isaiah 32:17

This Christmas, I am trying to remind myself of Isaiah 32:17, which says, "This righteousness will bring peace. Quietness and confidence will fill the land forever." I am trying to fill my heart with peace, and pray that we make it through Christmas quietly, and are able to enjoy and savor every bit of it.

I am troubled this Christmas. Sometimes the ones you love most (aka your family) can cause you the most pain, and the most problems. Why is that?

I will never understand my inlaws. I will always love them, but will never understand why things that don't matter are such a big deal, and why they cannot simply be thankful that they HAVE a family to spend Christmas with! So, this Christmas, I am shooting for peace. If things get out of hand and tension arises, Brandon and I will leave and spend Christmas on our own...at home. That sounds pretty good right now!

Speaking of Christmas, I have plenty of activities planned! (Some of which I wish I could change...cough cough) Tomorrow, Brandon will have to sleep for a while since he has to work tonight, so I'll probably just hang out during the day reading or watching Christmas movies. Then, tomorrow evening, we are going to my inlaws'. This is one of the few times that I am truly greatful that we live only a mile from them. We'll eat and exchange gifts, and I am sure someone will complain about what they got (or how it's labeled), and then Brandon and I will head back home. Before we go to sleep, we will get in our jammies, fix some hot cocoa, crawl into the bed, and Brandon will read me the book, "Twas the Night Before Christmas." We'll probably awake unusually early on Christmas Day, since we are like small children who simply cannot stand the suspense any longer! Before we open gifts, we are going to read the Christmas Story from the Bible, which is a new tradition! Yay! I am truly excited about this tradition. I want to take time to remember WHY we are opening presents in the first place! Then, we'll pray together and tear into those beautifully wrapped packages that we spent no telling how long perfecting! After that, we will have some breakfast...probably cinnamon rolls...and take a nap. After our nap, we'll head to my mom's and spend the rest of the day there. (Thank you, Lord, for giving us one set of family that doesn't cause drama!) At mom's we'll have yet another gift exchange and a large dinner, which includes a whole Honey Baked Ham! Woo hoo! Then, on Friday, we will make the drive to Sparta, TN to have Christmas with his Grandparents. So, this will be a full weekend, but we are praying it is a good one!

I want to wish you ALL a very Merry Christmas!!! God Bless!

No comments: