Monday, February 9, 2009

Dear Aunt Jeannie

We went to Missouri this weekend to visit my Aunt Jeannie (mom's sis). We found out last week (after she threw up bloos for two days before her kids finally convinced her husband that she needed to go to the hospital) that she has stage 4 colon cancer, which is the last stage. She had an aneurysm, a bleeding ulcer, and a hole in her colon from the cancer. They took out the part of the colon with the hole and she'll have to have a colostomy bag for the rest of her life, and there is basically nothing they can do. The cancer is all over the colon, in both bowels, and the liver. Needless to say, it was not a fun weekend, we are all exhausted, and very afraid of when we may get "the call."

Please pray. Pray for us, for my mom, for Jeannie's kids, and pray a LOT for her husband, Buster, who is the most hateful person on the face of the planet. That is a whole series of blogs on its own. He just needs a lot of prayer. He needs Jesus.

Dear Lord,

I am not sure what your plan is. I am not sure why we are faced with all of these trials in this season of life. I am not sure why you are allowing Buster to treat her this way. But what I AM sure of is this: you are on your throne. You are mighty and loving. There are mountains in our lives right now that we cannot move, but you can. We do not know your plan, but you do. We do not understand these things, but we do not need to. Lord, I will praise you if she lives, and I will praise you of she dies. No matter what Buster brings our way, I will praise you. I will praise you if Brandon and I get pregnant, and I will praise you if we do not. I will praise you if you heal Uncle Tommy, and I will praise you if you do not. I will praise you in this storm.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: