Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hope

I have recently been overwhelmed with emotions about our baby situation. I am a woman, and human, so I can't help but to think about it. Every time I see a baby, walk through the store and have to just pass by the baby section because I don't have a viable reason to shop there yet, and every time I hear someone else is pregnant, I get a sense of loneliness, sadness, and being left out. It seems like EVERYONE is pregnant!

I have spent a lot of time in deep prayer these last few weeks, and my God is such a good God. He is a God of mercy and grace, and I KNOW He loves me...even when I don't act as though I trust Him. He has filled me with peace. I am peaceful because I KNOW that my God is faithful, and that this WILL come...even if it doesn't come right when I think it should. I have hope and faith. I see God working in our lives, and I have a feeling that this is coming our way! That makes me happy. I remembered this verse today, and it will go with me from now on, when I am getting those sad feelings:

"Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

I am also reminded of the song "While I'm waiting" by John Waller (from the Fireproof soundtrack).


I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting I will serve You
While I'm waiting I will worship
While I'm waiting I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
And what will I do if we don't get pregnant? I will love him. I will praise His name for knowing what we do not. I will worship Him. I will serve Him.

No comments: