Well, I've started a journey today that I have started many a time. I am starting a "lifestyle change," aka a diet. I always seem to find something that I think will help, so this time I'm hoping that if I blog about it openly and I know people are reading it, it'll hold me accountable...we shall see. What's my plan this time, you ask? Well, here it is:
- log in everything I eat on My Fitness Pal, a totally free weight tracking site
- cut way down on red meat and breads/white enriched starches
- pump up the protein and fruits/veggies
- have grilled chicken and lettuce 4 nights a week (just kidding)
- Eat the veggies on my plate FIRST
- plan ahead!
- eat 2 snacks a day to keep from getting too hungry and binging
- When eating out, stay away from the bread basket, and order salads with grilled chicken and dressing on the side, or have grilled or baked fish or chicken with veggies.
- Drink water like a camel...right now my goal is a 1 liter bottle a day. I'll add more later.
- Do some sort of exercise every day, even if it's just a 15 minute walk twice a day on breaks
- Shoot for 30 minute workouts 3 times a week.
-Have UNSWEET TEA (this is ludacris for me) and sweeten it by the glass with splenda
That's pretty much it. I started this morning, and so far I'm great! I've had a bowl of bran flakes with 1 paket of splenda (I usually use sugar), 1/2 cup milk, and 1/2 a banana sliced for breakfast. For snack I just had an apple cinnamon rice cake with 1 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter and the other half of my banana, and I've downed half a liter of water almost. :-)
Ya'll leave me a word of encouragement!