Monday, November 3, 2008

"It Was Good" Week 3

This week Pastor Hood spoke on something that really hit home. He spoke about marriage, and what marriage is supposed to be like. Here are some key points that slapped me in the face:

*Marriage isn't intended to make me happy. I will be unhappy with my marriage at times. God never promised to make me happy.

*After the honeymoon phase wears off, we tend to focus on our differences with one another, and on our spouse's flaws. Just because we are different doesn't mean we are wrong for each other...this is a GOOD thing!

*God created Brandon and I differently because if we were the same, then one of us wouldn't be necessary.

*(As far as teaching kids about sex) "If you don't want your kids to hear me preach about sex, send em to the locker room...I'm sure they'll learn the right stuff in there. Better yet, send em to sex ed class in school...how about we teach em about sex from God's point of view, ok?" I loved this.

*Woman was created from man's SIDE. She wasn't created from his feet to be beneath him, or his head to be above him. She was made from his side, to walk beside him, from under his arm to be protected by man, and from close to his heart to be loved by man."

No comments: