Thursday, November 27, 2008

Nana's Famous Sweet Potato Casserole

This is the best sweet potato casserole I've ever had! Put it this way, before I discovered this recipe, I wouldn't TOUCH a sweet potato!

1 29 oz can Bruce's sweet potatoes, drained well.
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. vanilla
2/3 c. sugar
2/3 stick butter, melted
2 eggs
salt (optional)

Topping: 1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/2 stick butter
1/2 c. chopped nuts (pecans are best)

Beat potatoes with mixer until smooth. Add cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, and butter. Beat 2 eggs and fold into mixture. Add salt. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish. Topping: mix all ingredients except nuts until it resembles course corn meal. Mix in nuts. Pour on top of potatoes. Cook at 350 for 25 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummm... Thanks for the recipie!!! I will be making this for our Christmas dinner... I'll let you know what me and my family thinks! I'm sure it will be delic cause it certianly sounds yummy!!!