Friday, November 21, 2008

"My Husband Rocks!" Friday

A day or two ago, I was at work chit-chatting with some coworkers. My friend, Teri, was complaining because her hubby is going to be off work for a few weeks on medical leave (he is an officer in a public high school and was breaking up a fight when he fell and hit his head). She was telling us how he NEVER helps out or does anything around the house. She said he lays his trash on the counter instead of in the trash can, he can't cook, won't clean, and won't even straighten the house up a little before she gets home from work. Apparently, this is common for men. Several of the women in my office were telling me how their hubbies don't do any cooking or cleaning.

Brandon has always been great about these things. I do most of the grocery shopping, and he does tend to leave stuff laying around a lot, but he does most of the laundry, he takes the trash out, he cleans the bathroom, and usually on his day off, he'll vacuum if I haven't already, and he'll do any other cleaning that needs to be done, with the exception of dusting. He also shares the cooking duties. Often times, he already has dinner cooking when I get home. I really appreciate this, and need to recognize his efforts more often, because he does a wonderful job.

Thanks, baby! You rock!

1 comment:

Kelly Jo said...

Kelly
I have been following your blog for months. Its nice to know that other women sometimes feel the same way that I do in marriage.
Thanks for being there without knowing it. I finally started my own blog.