Monday, November 24, 2008

Sausage Balls

This was my first time making sausage balls. I'm not a sausage person, but I've always enjoyed sausage balls whenever someone brought them to work. I got this recipe from a family cookbook.

1 lb sausage, mild or hot
2 C Bisquick
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Mix all ingredients well. This is much easier if you use your hands. Gross, but effective. It takes some time and work, but it WILL eventually mix.

Roll into 1 inch balls. Bake on 350 for 10 minutes.

These were really good, although I have had better. They seem to be missing something...they were somewhat bland. Maybe it's because I used mild sausage? Not sure. You should try it and tell me what they need. :-)

(Sorry about the pictures. Sausage balls aren't very photogenic. I took 20 pics and they all looked like poo...literally)
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: